Friday, 15 November 2019 | 10:48
SPONSORS
View by:

Philippines to send back trash to South Korea

Monday, 10 June 2019 | 20:00

The remaining 5,000 of the 6,500 metric tons of garbage from South Korea that arrived at the Mindanao International Container Terminal (MICT) in Misamis Oriental last year will be sent back to where it came from by next month.

John Simon, Bureau of Customs (BOC)-MICT sub-port collector, said officials of the South Korean government are set to arrive on Wednesday for a two-day meeting on the return of the garbage.

“The commitment is there. We will just discuss the details… The idea is how to fasttrack everything. The soonest we could do it, the better,” Simon said.

The BOC reexported shipping containers, which contained 1,500 metric tons of garbage, last January.

Simon said they hope the remaining garbage would be returned early next month if not by the end of this month.
Source: Phil Star

Comments
    There are no comments available.
    Name:  
    Email:  
    Comment:  
     
    In order to send the form you have to type the displayed code.

     
SPONSORS

NEWSLETTER