Friday, 28 February 2020 | 16:19
SPONSORS
View by:

Yard use at Manila's two main ports falls to under 60 percent

Tuesday, 21 July 2015 | 11:00
The country’s top two ports of entry are prepared for a surge in imports, with yard use down to a little over half of capacity.

In a statement, Philippine Ports Authority (PPA) general manager Juan Sta. Ana said yard utilization at the Manila International Container Terminal and Manila South Harbor is down to 59 percent and 55 percent, respectively. These translate to 48,000 and 44,000 twenty-foot equivalent units (TEUs).

Sta. Ana said the current yard utilization rates are lower than before both ports suffered from congestion last year.

To recall, congestion dampened trade last year after the Manila City government expanded a truck ban that slowed down the pullout of cargo from both ports. The city government relented and lifted the ban at the close of the third quarter of 2014.

In the first four months of this year, volume at both ports reached 66.60 million metric tons, or 6.34 percent more than the 62.63 million in the same four months of last year.
Source: InterAksyon
Comments
    There are no comments available.
    Name:  
    Email:  
    Comment:  
     
    In order to send the form you have to type the displayed code.

     
SPONSORS

NEWSLETTER